Report an unlicensed rental unit

If you believe a dwelling unit in Ward 1 or Ward 2 is rented or advertised for rent without a licence, you can submit a report ("service request") through 311. Service requests can be entered anonymously, but valid contact information is required if you want to receive any follow-up information. All personal information provided, including your contact information, is protected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. More information about 311 is available in the 311 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Call icon


Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., holidays excluded.

Call 311 in Windsor or 519-255-CITY(2489) alternate/outside Windsor.

TTY/Teletypewriter (Bell Relay Service): Type 711 for the operator or dial 1-800-855-0511.

Cogeco IP Relay Service (allows hearing and/or speech-impaired individuals to place text-based relay calls from their personal computer): Register/log in at (You will need to have a valid Cogeco home phone number.)

Email iconEmail

Reach 311 at by email.

Available 24/7. Emails are reviewed Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., holidays excluded.

Text icon


Text directly to 311 (data charges may apply).

Texts are reviewed Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., holidays excluded.

Multi-language service icon

Multi-Language Service

Communicate with 311 whenever language barriers arise.

311's phone service is available in over 200 languages, thanks to the City's partnership with Language Line Solutions phone interpretation service.

Notice of Collection of Personal Information

Personal information is collected under the Municipal Act and will be used solely for the purpose of responding to your question or request. For more information, please visit Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy. Valid contact information is required in order to follow up on the status of your request when contacting 311.

Mailing Address:
311 Customer Contact Centre
P.O. Box 1607
Windsor, Ontario
N9A 6S1