Permission to Encroach

Permission to Encroach

To request permission to encroach on public property, you must complete an application form and submit all application fees. The application form can be picked up from the Right-of-Way Division of the Engineering Department, on the 2nd Floor of City Hall, or download the General Encroachment Application (PDF).

(Note: For Sidewalk cafe encroachments, please see the information on the Sidewalk Cafe page.)

You must also provide a drawing illustrating the dimensions and location of the encroachment in relation to the property lines. Include on the drawing other relevant features such as sidewalks, curbs, driveways, streetscaping items, trees, poles, etc.

Engineering Department
Right-of-Way Division
350 City Hall Square West, 2nd Floor, Suite 210
Windsor, Ontario

N9A 6S1

Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquires, call (519) 255-6257.