Terms and Conditions
The following is a complete listing of the terms and conditions for all Transit Windsor fare media products. Valid and current photo identification is required to purchase reduced fare products.
Transit Windsor is an exact fare system. Our drivers do not carry cash and cannot make change, and overpayments are not reimbursed.
American dimes and American dollar coins are not accepted on our buses. No Canadian or American bills over $20 are accepted.
Children under 5 are free on City service with a full paying passenger.
Every passenger must pay the applicable fare on cross-border travel between Windsor and Detroit, regardless of age.
Tunnel bus fare may be paid in either Canadian or American funds; however, no currency exchange is given.
TW Smart Pass
- Your first smart pass is sold at the Windsor International Transit Terminal, 300 Chatham Street West or the Transit Centre, 3700 North Service Road at Central. Subsequently, you can reload your smart pass at various locations throughout the city.
- Your photo is printed directly on your smart pass. Note: A change in fare category requires a new smart pass. The person changing categories must be present to have their photo taken.
- May be purchased for 15 or 30 days. Additional days can be purchased in increments of 15 days.
- Students have two (2) years from date of purchase to reload their smart pass. Once the two (2) years have expired, you are required to provide valid I.D. in order to purchase a student smart pass.
- Only valid when properly validated by the smart fare reader. If rejected, the pass is either expired or has no value remaining.
Day Pass: Ride All Day
All Day passes are valid for one day from the time of issue until 3:00 a.m. on the following day and may only be purchased on the bus for travel on the same day.
You must tell the driver you wish to purchase a Day or Family Day pass before putting your money into the farebox. It must be exact fare or the pass will not print.
A Family pass is valid for either two adults and up to three (3) children or one adult and up to four (4) children between 5 to 12 years of age. Children may not use this pass without an accompanying adult.
Each ticket is good for one single ride.
Deposit ticket into the bill module of the farebox.
You must present valid student card to the driver when paying your fare with a student ticket.
Gift cards can be loaded with a minimum of 15 days. Additional days can be loaded in increments of 15 days.
The recipient is required to personalize it with their photo. Photo Identification is taken at Windsor International Transit Terminal or Transit Centre.
Gift cards that haven't been personalized will be confiscated.
- You must ask for a transfer ticket after paying your cash or ticket fare and before taking your seat.
- A transfer is not issued for a bus pass, from another transfer slip, or from a Ride All Day pass.
- Transfers are printed from the farebox and time stamped when issued. The expiry date/time is printed on the ticket, so the driver may verify if the transfer does not read properly and you believe the ticket is still valid.
- You may travel in any direction, on any route, and from any bus stop, within the 2-hour period, even if 2 or more buses are required to complete your trip.
- Transfers are not applicable on the tunnel bus or special event service between Windsor and Detroit.
- Pass the transfer ticket through the bar code reader located in the top left side of the farebox, and do not feed the transfer into the bill module.
- In case of dispute, passengers are to pay the fare and call 311 or 519-944-4111. When calling, please refer to your transfer ticket as it will have the bus number, route name, expiry time and date printed on the ticket. You also need to provide the time, date and bus route on which the transfer would not work.
Conditions For All Products
- A student is anyone attending an elementary, secondary or post-secondary accredited school on a full-time basis.
A senior is anyone 60 years and older.
- All fare media products are non-transferable and non-refundable even if lost or stolen.
- Fare media products may not be redeemed or refunded for cash, or exchanged for another product of the same or different value.
- Fare media products may only be purchased from an authorized sales agent, and may not be resold.
- Failure to use the correct fare media category will result in the confiscation of the product.
- Persons altering Transit Windsor products will be prosecuted.
- Fare media products will be confiscated if defaced or altered.
- Transit Windsor is not liable for any loss to the holder from service interruption or any other cause.
3700 North Service Road East
Canada N8W 5X2
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call 519-944-4111.