Terms and Conditions
The following is a complete listing of the terms and conditions for all Transit Windsor fare media products.
Transit Windsor is an exact fare system. Our drivers do not carry cash and cannot make change, and overpayments are not reimbursed.
American dimes and dollar coins are not accepted on our buses. No Canadian or American bills over $20 are accepted.
Children under 5 are free on City service with a full paying passenger.
Every passenger must pay the applicable fare on cross-border travel between Windsor and Detroit, regardless of age.
Tunnel bus fare may be paid in either Canadian or American funds; however, no currency exchange is given.
- Valid and current ID containing a photo is required to purchase all reduced fare products.
- Monthly passes are sold by the calendar month, not 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Bus passes are sold from the 22nd of the month until the 10th of the next month at retail sales outlets. Example: January passes are on sale from approximately December 22 until January 10.
- You must have a Transit Windsor bus pass photo in order to renew your bus pass, as both pieces must be used in conjunction. See photo ID section below.
- The number that appears under your photo ID must match the number that is written on the front of your bus pass. If not, your pass will be confiscated.
- Students must update their photo ID each year with a date sticker. The sticker is available at the Windsor International Transit Terminal or Transit Centre at no additional fee. Students must also present valid ID in order to purchase a bus pass. For further details, visit the Acceptable ID and Mandatory Photo ID Sticker link listed under Related Links.
- Half Month Passes: Monthly passes may be purchased from the 15th until the 21st of every month at half price for the current month at the Windsor International Transit Terminal or Transit Centre. View hours for both locations. Example: January passes are sold at half price between January 15-21. Affordable Pass Program (APP) and Student Summer Saver passes are not for sale at half price.
Day Pass: Ride All Day
All Day passes are valid for one day from the time of issue until 3:00 a.m. on the following day and may only be purchased on the bus for travel on the same day.
You must tell the driver you wish to purchase a Day or Family Day pass before putting your money into the farebox. It must be exact fare or the pass will not print.
A Family pass is valid for either two adults and up to three (3) children or one adult and up to four (4) children between 5 to 12 years of age. Children may not use this pass without an accompanying adult.
Each ticket is good for one single ride.
Deposit ticket into the bill module of the farebox.
You must present valid student card to the driver when paying your fare with a student ticket.
- You must ask for a transfer ticket after paying your cash or ticket fare and before taking your seat.
- A transfer is not issued for a bus pass, from another transfer slip, or from a Ride All Day pass.
- Transfers are printed from the farebox and time stamped when issued. The expiry date/time is printed on the ticket, so the driver may verify if the transfer does not read properly and you believe the ticket is still valid.
- You may travel in any direction, on any route, and from any bus stop, within the 2-hour period, even if 2 or more buses are required to complete your trip.
- Transfers are not applicable on the tunnel bus or special event service between Windsor and Detroit.
- Pass the transfer ticket through the bar code reader located in the top left side of the farebox, and do not feed the transfer into the bill module.
- In case of dispute, passengers are to pay the fare and call 311 or
519-944-4111. When calling, please refer to your transfer ticket as it will have the bus number, route name, expiry time and date printed on the ticket. You also need to provide the time, date and bus route on which the transfer would not work.
Transit Windsor Photo Identification
ID cannot be obtained without the purchase of a bus pass.
ID is sold at the Windsor International Transit Terminal, 300 Chatham Street West, or Transit Centre, 3700 North Service Road at Central. View hours
for both locations.
Cost is $5.00 per photo.
Refer to Bus Pass section above to find out when Transit Windsor photo ID is required.
Conditions For All Products
- A student is anyone attending an elementary, secondary or post-secondary accredited school on a full-time basis.
A senior is anyone 60 years and older.
- All fare media products are non-transferable and non-refundable even if lost or stolen.
- Fare media products may not be redeemed or refunded for cash, or exchanged for another product of the same or different value.
- Fare media products may only be purchased from an authorized sales agent, and may not be resold.
- Failure to use the correct fare media category will result in the confiscation of the product.
- Persons altering Transit Windsor products will be prosecuted.
- Fare media products, including Transit Windsor photo ID, will be confiscated if defaced or altered.
- Transit Windsor is not liable for any loss to the holder from service interruption or any other cause.
3700 North Service Road East
Phone: For detailed inquiries, call 519-944-4111. For general inquires, call 311.