Child Care Wage Enhancement/Home Child Care Enhancement Grant
As part of Ontario's commitment to supporting child care professionals, for a fourth straight year, Ontario is increasing wages to help keep child care professionals in licensed child care settings and encourage growth in the sector, ensuring that children and families across the province continue to benefit from safe, high-quality child care that promotes early learning and development.
In 2018, for all eligible centre-based staff and home visitors, the Wage Enhancement Grant will continue to support:
- An increase of up to $2 per hour for those with a wage excluding prior year's wage enhancement of less than $25.06/hour (i.e. $2 below the wage gap of $27.07)
- 17.5 percent benefits
- An additional supplemental grant of $150 per eligible FTE
For all eligible home child care providers, the Home Child Care Enhancement Grant (HCCEG) will continue to support:
- An increase of $20 per day for those full-time home providers with base daily fees , excluding prior year's HCCEG of less than $250.70 (i.e. $20 below the cap of $270.70
- An increase of $10 per day for those part-time home providers with base daily fees, excluding prior year's HCCEG of less than $152.42.08 (i.e. $10 below the cap of $162.42)
- An additional supplemental grant of $50 per eligible provider
In addition to the above funding, operators will receive administration dollars to support implementing Wage Enhancement/HCCEG in 2018.
In an effort to provide as much information as possible regarding this initiative, this Wage Enhancement Questions and Answers document for Child Care Operators is provided as a resource. Please be advised that the Questions and Answer document will be updated as required, so please check back periodically. The Q & A document will be dated at the bottom so that you can ensure that you are referring to the most current version.
Application for Wage Enhancement
Licensed child care operators and licensed home child care providers are required to complete an application for the wage enhancement grant/HCCEG to the City of Windsor. Please be advised that all applications must be received by the City of Windsor no later than March 31, 2018.
The application templates (including the instructions) are available at the links below:
Please submit a hard copy and an electronic copy of the wage enhancement application for each site to the address listed below.
Please ensure that the hard copy is dated and includes an authorized signature.
For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, please contact:
400 City Hall Square East, Suite 301, P.O. Box 426
Windsor, Ontario Canada N9A 6L7
Phone: (519) 255-5200, ext. 5134