Windsor Essex Registered Early Childhood Educators
Nurturing Tomorrow's Future...Today!
Windsor Essex Registered Early Childhood Educators (WERECE) is the name of Windsor Essex's Workforce Strategy for child care and early years.
The Workforce Strategy is a Ministry of Education initiative that is intended to support the retention and recruitment of a high-quality child care and early years workforce.
Key objectives of this strategy are to:
- Sustain the existing child care and early years workforce to ensure a more stable and high-quality early years and child care system.
- Enhance access to opportunities for the workforce that promote retention and recruitment, including professional development, training, and qualification upgrade programs.
- Grow the number of qualified staff in the early years and child care workforce to increase access to high-quality licensed child care for families.
- Attract and support the development of an increasingly diverse workforce to more effectively reflect the children and families accessing early years and child care programs.
- In Windsor Essex we are using a multi-pronged approach with the Workforce Strategy to achieve the best possible results for our community.
"Educators are competent and capable, curious, and rich in experience. They are knowledgeable, caring, reflective, and resourceful professionals. They bring diverse social, cultural, and linguistic perspectives. They collaborate with others to create engaging environments and experiences to foster children’s learning and development. Educators are lifelong learners. They take responsibility for their own learning and make decisions about ways to integrate knowledge from theory, research, their own experience, and their understanding of the individual children and families they work with. Every educator should feel he or she belongs, is a valuable contributor, and deserves the opportunity to engage in meaningful work.” (Ontario. Ministry of Education. (2014) How Does Learning Happen, Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years, 7.)
"Ask me! I'm an ECE."
What is an ECE (Early Childhood Educator)? Early Childhood Educators plan, organize and implement programs for children between the ages of infancy to 12 years. Early Childhood Educators provide care for infants and preschool to school-age children. Early Childhood Educators lead children in activities to stimulate and develop their intellectual, physical and emotional growth.
What positions do Early Childhood Educators hold?
Where do Early Childhood Educators work?
Check out our WERECE Ambassadors 2022 Calendar to find out more information about the WERECE campaign and ECE career path.
To learn more, please click the links below: