When do I need a Consent?
Under what conditions is a consent required?
- To divide land (or sever it) for the purpose of sale,
- To register a mortgage or discharge a mortgage over part of a parcel of land,
- To register a lease over part of a parcel of land when the term of the lease is 21 years or more (inclusive to renewal options),
- To register easements for rights-of-way, and
- To adjust boundaries of existing land parcels to enlarge or decrease the size of property.
Where a number of severances are being proposed and to ensure proper and orderly development, it may be more appropriate to submit a Plan of Subdivision.
Step-by-step instructions for obtaining a Consent/Severance
350 City Hall Square East, Suite 210
For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call 519-255-6543