When do I need a Consent? 

  • To sever land for the purpose of creating a new lot 
  • For a partial discharge of a mortgage
  • To lease land/structure in excess of 21 years
  • To register easements and rights-of-way in excess of 21 years
  • To convey a portion of a lot for the purpose of a lot addition to abutting lands 

To ensure proper and orderly development, it may be more appropriate to submit an application for a Plan of Subdivision.

Step-by-step instructions for obtaining a Consent/Severance

Planning Department
350 City Hall Square East, Suite 210
Windsor, Ontario
N9A 6S1

For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call 519-255-6543
Fax: 519-255-6544
Email: planningdept@citywindsor.ca