Committee of Adjustment
The Committee of Adjustment/Consent Authority is an independent body appointed by Council, under authority granted by the Province of Ontario. The Committee of Adjustment/Consent Approval Authority is composed of five members, who are appointed by the Council of the City of Windsor.
Committee of Adjustment/Consent Approval Authority
Suite 210, 350 City Hall Square West, Windsor, Ontario, (519) 255-6543, ext. 6436
Committee of Adjustment Operations During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Committee of Adjustment hearings are postponed until further notice.
- All City facilities and offices are closed to the public, and committee staff are working remotely to accept applications.
- You can continue to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, phone (519) 255-6543, or send regular mail to: Planning Division
2nd Floor, 350 City Hall Square West, Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9A 6S1
- It is not possible to submit a Committee of Adjustment application or appeal in person at this time. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or (519) 255-6543 to arrange to submit your application electronically.
- You can continue to submit a request for a certificate by email if conditions of approval have been cleared by the appropriate authorities.
Responsibilities and Objectives
The Committee of Adjustment/Consent Approval Authority is authorized by the Ontario Planning Act to:
- Grant minor variances from the zoning by-law, sign by-law and fence by-law
- Grant consents to sell, convey or transfer an interest in "part" of an owner's land
- Grant consents when the terms of an agreement commit the land to use for a period in excess of 21 years (i.e. lease or an easement)
- Issue a Certificate of Validation
- Give Approval of a Foreclosure or Exercise of Power of Sale in Mortgage or Charge.
Mike Sleiman, Chairperson
Tom McMahon, Vice-Chairperson
Joe Balsamo, Member
Dante Gatti, Member
Planning & Building Services Department
2nd Floor, 350 City Hall Square West
Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9A 6S1
Phone: (519) 255-6543
Fax: (519) 255-6544