- Keep pets away from trees.
- Do not nail or tie objects to trees.
- Water the tree during dry periods. It is recommended that you water your tree once or twice a week, allowing the hose to trickle for 30-40 minutes so the water can soak deeply into the roots.
- Do not hit, trim or cut the bark, trunk or branches of the tree.
- Be careful with lawnmowers and weed whips because they can seriously damage the lower bark.
- Use mulch to enrich the soil.
- Do not pile up soil, wood chips or grass clippings around the trunk of the tree. The trunk needs air and light to stay healthy. The soil around it should not rise over the bark.
Parks and Facility Operations
2450 McDougall Street
Windsor, Ontario, Canada N8X 3N6
Telephone: For general information, call 311. Email: email@example.com