Situated behind Place Concorde (formerly the Polonia Community Centre), Derwent Park became surplus land with the development of the E.C. Row Expressway. The Ministry of Transport Ontario has owned 75% of the site since 1972, and the remaining 25% was held by the City. A deal was negotiated in 1992 to acquire full ownership. The Rotary Club has developed the Rotary Children’s Safety Village on the grounds of the park.