Private Sewer Replacement Program
The City of Windsor's policy on cleaning, repairing and replacing private sewer laterals is outlined in By-law 4921: Sewer Connection Servicing (see By-law 4921)
For Property Owners, see the Instruction Sheet requesting a private drain connection under By-law 4921 along with the Bid Form and List of Pre-Qualified Private Drain Connection Contractors.
Replacing Private Sewer Laterals (Drain Connection)
- At the present time the City offers a rebate for a total sewer replacement.
- Obtain a quote for the replacement by:
- Calling (519) 255-6257
- Requesting "Permits and Inspections"
- Requesting a sewer information sheet for the subject property and a list of pre-qualified contractors able to perform the work.
Financing of Private Sewer Laterals (Drain Connection)
- For sewer replacements performed by a City Contractor:
- The owner pays for the work completed when invoiced by City,
- The owner pays for the work over a five year period.
The cost (including interest) is added to the tax roll. Based on the information below, the owner has the option of paying a portion up front and paying the balance over the five year period.
- For sewer replacements done by a Contractor hired by the Property Owner:
- The owner may submit a paid invoice for a complete sewer lateral replacement in order to receive the City's rebate under the sewer replacement program.
Development, Projects and Right-of-Way
350 City Hall Square West, 3rd Floor
P. O. Box 1607
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquires, call (519) 255-6257.
Fax: (519) 255-9847