- The City maintains approximately 146 kilometres (91 miles) of alleys.
- Paved alleys are maintained on an as-needed basis, based on priority, due to significant reductions in alley maintenance budgets. The City does not reconstruct alleys.
- Gravel alleys are re-graded twice per year. Should additional maintenance be required, City crews will attend the site to add gravel or re-grade as necessary.
- Unassumed grass alleys are the responsibility of abutting property owners. The City of Windsor encourages applications to close redundant alleys. See the Planning Department's Streets & Alleys page for more information.
- For information on alley flooding, visit the Flooding web page.
Alley Garbage & Weeds
Contracts, Field Services & Maintenance Division
1531 Crawford Avenue
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday (excluding holidays)
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6326.