For general information on liquid waste disposal, please call 311.
Due to COVID-19, public access to the septic unloading station for R.V. and travel trailers has been suspended at the Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant.
- Septic tank and holding tank waste is accepted at the Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant (4155 Ojibway Parkway).
- Licensed contractors with proper hoses and connections can transfer hauled wastes to the plant during regular office hours (9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday).
- Lime can be added to the waste to minimize odours and increase the settling properties of the waste.
- Hazardous Waste classified by Regulation #347 cannot be discharged at the Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant.
- For a list of haulers, look under "Septic Tanks-Cleaning" in the Bell Yellow Pages.
- All other septic tank questions should be directed to the Health Inspector at the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit at (519) 776-5933 ext. 3154 (Essex office) or (519) 258-2146 (Windsor Office)
Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant
4155 Ojibway Parkway
Phone: (519) 253-7217