For general information on liquid waste disposal, please call 311.
- Licensed and permitted waste haulers will be accepted to dispose of septic tank and holding tank waste at the Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant (4155 Ojibway Parkway).
- Wastewater from recreational vehicles (RVs) and trailers is not accepted at the Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant.
- Licensed contractors with proper hoses and connections can transfer hauled wastes to the plant during regular office hours (9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday).
- Lime can be added to the waste to minimize odours and increase the settling properties of the waste.
- Hazardous Waste classified by Regulation #347 cannot be discharged at the Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant.
- For a list of haulers, look under "Septic Tanks-Cleaning" in the Bell Yellow Pages.
- All other septic tank questions should be directed to the Health Inspector at the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit at (519) 776-5933 ext. 3154 (Essex office) or (519) 258-2146 (Windsor office).
Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant
4155 Ojibway Parkway
Phone: (519) 253-7217