Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant
4155 Ojibway Parkway
Canada N9C 4A5
Phone: (519) 253-7217
Fax: (519) 253-0464
Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday
Plant Manager: Kevin Cabana (519) 253-7111 ext. 3383
- The Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant is located on an 18.6-hectare (46-acre) site on the south-east corner of Ojibway Parkway and Sandwich Street (with 12.1 hectares/30 acres across the street), having an ultimate plant capacity of 273,000 m3/d (60 MIGD).
- The plant provides primary treatment (physical chemical) for up to 273 million litres per day (MLD) or 60 million imperial gallons (MIGD), which includes capacity for combined storm and sanitary flows.
- The plant provides secondary (biological) treatment to up to 218 MLD (48 MIGD) followed by ultraviolet (UV) disinfection.
- The plant receives wastewater from the Riverfront Interceptor Sewer, servicing the original core section of the City.
- The second trunk sewer, the Western-Grand Marais Sanitary Trunk, presently serves the existing new and recently developed areas of South Windsor.
- Sewage treatment services are also being provided for the Town of LaSalle.
The illustration to the right shows the plant process at the Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant. [Click to enlarge.]
Plant tours are open to educational classes and public groups at both pollution control plants. To arrange a tour, call (519) 253-7217.
Check out our video!
Want to learn about how waste water is treated at the Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant? Check out the video, Wastewater: Where Does it Go? - Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant