Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant
4155 Ojibway Parkway
Phone: (519) 253-7217
Fax: (519) 253-0464
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
Plant Manager: Kevin Cabana (519) 253-7111 ext. 3383
- The Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant is located on an 18.6-hectare (46-acre) site on the south-east corner of Ojibway Parkway and Sandwich Street (with 12.1 hectares/30 acres across the street), having an ultimate plant capacity of 273,000 m3/d (60 MIGD).
- The plant provides primary treatment (physical-chemical) for up to 273 million litres per day (MLD) or 60 million imperial gallons (MIGD), which includes capacity for combined storm and sanitary flows.
- The plant provides secondary (biological) treatment to up to 218 MLD (48 MIGD) followed by ultraviolet (UV) disinfection.
- The plant receives wastewater from the Riverfront Interceptor Sewer, servicing the original core section of the City.
- The second trunk sewer, the Western-Grand Marais Sanitary Trunk, presently serves the existing new and recently developed areas of South Windsor.
- Sewage treatment services are also being provided for the Town of LaSalle.
The illustration to the right shows the plant process at the Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant. [Click to enlarge.]
Plant tours are open to educational classes and public groups at both pollution control plants. To arrange a tour, call (519) 253-7217.
Check out our video!
Want to learn about how waste water is treated at the Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant? Check out the video, Wastewater: Where Does it Go? - Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant