Increase Connectivity Within and Between our Parks and Natural Areas
The following actions are needed to complete this objective:
- Conduct an assessment of the current state of Windsor’s parks and natural area linkages by performing a landscape analysis. Include the number of hectares of parks and natural areas that are “linked” to each other as a baseline.
- Identify linkage improvement opportunities and reflect these in Official Plan updates.
- Develop strategies for acquiring these strategic lands through the following mechanisms
- Development applications
- Park dedication
- Land swap
- Conservation easements
- Land trust
- Voluntary property tax fund
- Land contribution by public agencies
- Work with surrounding municipalities to plan for and strengthen natural linkages across municipal boundaries.
- Incorporate the use of eco-passages to support the movement of wildlife between natural areas.
- Acquire properties through the development process.
- Develop a natural heritage offsetting process.
These indicators show the progress the City is making to achieve this objective:
For more information on Environmental Initiatives
- Phone: For general inquiries call 311. For detailed inquiries call 519-253-7111 ext. 3226.
- Email: email@example.com