Residential Permit Parking
- The Parking Enforcement Office is responsible for administering the Residential Permit Parking Program.
- This program is implemented in various areas of the City where institutions impact on the surrounding residential areas. See additional info on parking controls on our On-Street Parking page.
- Residential Parking Permits can be obtained at the Parking Enforcement Office listed at the bottom of this page.
- A maximum of two Residential Vehicle Permits can be provided to each household.
- A property owner who does not live at the house is entitled to purchase one Residential Vehicle Permit. Proof of ownership, such as a copy of the deed or municipal tax bill is required. This is not included in the limit of two per household.
- The cost of the first Residential Vehicle Permit is $30.00, and the second Residential Vehicle Permit is $15.00. The vehicle for the second Permit must be registered to the current address. These fees are per contract not by household.
- A Visitor Permit, to be used in the immediate vicinity of the purchasing address, may be purchased for $30.00.
If permit is plate specific, vehicle ownership must be provided.
Two pieces of identification (one must be a photo I.D.) with the applicant's current address are required to purchase all Residential Permits. No electronic copies of documentation will be accepted. Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Driver's licence.
- Valid vehicle ownership (vehicle ownership is a must for licence recognition and should be registered to current address. Some exclusions apply.) Ownership is required for all plate specific permits. If ownership is not present, permit will not be issued.
- Current month bill (utilities, gas, telephone, or cable).
- Lease Agreement (original or photocopy) with a current month rent receipt/e-transfer matching name and amount on Agreement.
- Note: Students must show official proof of registration at an educational institution along with proof of residency (photocopy of lease agreement and current month rent receipt can be accepted as proof of residency. If registration of education does not have an address, two proofs of residency are still required.) The address listed on Proof of Registration must match address student is living at.
- Students may be required/asked to have the landlord submit a letter stating that previous tenants have moved out of the address by name.
- Permits will also only be made out for the time frame of the lease submitted to Parking Enforcement.
- Please Note: No electronic copies of documentation will be accepted!
- If you are a new resident, please make sure that the property owner/landlord provides documentation to let the Parking Enforcement office know that the previous tenants have moved out. This can be done in writing with a letter that clearly states owner/landlord contact information and previous tenants by name.
- If a representative is coming on behalf of an applicant, a written consent stating that the applicant has authorized the representative (with name and contact information) to pick up their permits on their behalf must be provided.
- The fee to replace a lost or stolen permit is $30.00. A request for a new permit must be accompanied by a Windsor Police Department report number.
- Any misuse or selling of any Residential Permits will result in the permit being revoked permanently from the address and difficulty with possible future purchases.
- Courtesy Permits valid for up to 5 days may be obtained to provide parking for guests. These permits are only available after a Visitor Permit has been purchased for the address.
- Previous years' complaints and administration discretion on documentation provided will also be taken into consideration before permits are issued.
For questions or more information, please contact:
Parking Enforcement Office
1266 McDougall Street
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6298, email email@example.com or fax (519) 255-9467
Hours for Residential Permits: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday (excluding holidays)