Willistead Manor - Rental Information
1899 Niagara St (at Kildare Street)
Windsor, Ontario. N8Y 1K3 Canada
Telephone: (519) 253-2365 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find information on tours, special events, and the history of Willistead Manor.
2024 Main Courtyard Restoration Project
From January 2024 to the end of May 2024, the main courtyard at Willistead Manor will undergo a full restoration. This work will include tearing up the temporary concrete courtyard that was poured during the 2018 restoration work and removing the accessible ramp contained within the courtyard. During this important restoration project, the main courtyard will be closed and inaccessible. In an effort to minimize the impact on potential guests, small-scale rental bookings, including weddings and receptions, will still be considered by facility staff, taking the following into account:
Daytime bookings during weekdays will not be accepted during this time.
Evening bookings during weekdays and weekends will be accepted during this time, at the discretion of staff.
Regular rental booking rates will apply during this time; no discounts will be provided.
Main courtyard and west facade will be closed and not available for photographs during this time.
The main door of Willistead Manor will be closed and inaccessible during this time.
Guest access for events will be through the Paul Martin Gardens, and into the Great Hall.
An accessible ramp is available in the Paul Martin Gardens.
To determine whether or not your rental event is possible during this restoration project period, and to arrange a mandatory site visit to discuss your rental with facility staff, please contact 519-253-2365 by phone or email@example.com by email.
About the Main Manor House
Willistead Manor is the perfect location for weddings, receptions, celebrations, seminars, meetings, special events, photos, and more. Each room's unique design is the perfect backdrop for a variety of gatherings for groups from 10 to 120 for sit-down meals, and as many as 220 for cocktail-style, full manor events. Our professionally trained staff can assist with planning, and provide meticulous detail to ensure your event surpasses expectations. Our caterer will help make your event truly memorable with an unforgettable dining experience.
Uses: Receptions, dinners, dancing, seminars, meetings, etc.
Capacity: 75 to 120 for a seated meal, or theatre-style seating
Other Info: Includes dance floor and bar area
Uses: Elegant dinner parties, intimate wedding ceremonies, etc.
Capacity: 52 (small wedding ceremony); 20 to 32 (seated meal)
Note: Adjacent Conservatory serves as an ideal Service Area
Uses: Weddings, receptions, showers, small parties, etc.
Capacity: 54 (seated meal)
Note: Rental includes access to the attached Library (ideal Bar Area) and Billiard Room (ideal Dance Floor)
Uses: Dancing, small receptions
Note: Rental can include access to the attached Morning Room and Library
- Note: The Morning Room, Billiard Room, and Library function together for smaller receptions (30 to 60 people) and can also be reserved individually.
Bridal Room - Walker Bedroom on the Second Floor
- Quiet and private space for Bride and Bridal Party (only).
- Wedding photographer is permitted inside the Bridal Room.
- When booked, the room is available for one hour only before the ceremony start time; once the ceremony begins, the room is locked and will not be available for photographs after the ceremony or at any point during receptions in the manor.
- Belongings, including clothing, may not be left behind in the room, and Willistead Manor accepts no responsibility for items left behind.
- If you are using the room to change into dresses, you must assign someone from your party to collect all other clothing and remove it from the room before it is locked.
- Acceptable Activities: the bride/bridal party getting into their dresses, taking photos, relaxing before the ceremony.
- Not permitted: Hair and makeup must not be done inside the room; food and beverage are not permitted.
- There is a fee for use of this room.
Willistead Manor is an accessible facility. Accessible features include an interior elevator between floors, and an exterior ramp.
Catering for events at Willistead Manor is provided by Thyme To-Go and Chef Julie Myers.
For full menus and additional information, please visit thymetogo.ca
640 Chilver Road
Windsor, ON Canada
Photography and Film Information for the Manor
Willistead Manor offers photo opportunities inside and outside of the manor and as part of your special event rental. Photo bookings are subject to availability. As event rentals are the main business of Willistead Manor, photo bookings can only be made one (1) month prior to your special event, and space cannot be guaranteed until that time. To book the manor for your photos, please contact us one month ahead of your event to find out if your preferred date is available.
Commercial photography, or feature or short-film cinematography (including studio, independent and student film projects) is not permitted at Willistead Manor unless Willistead Manor will be presented as itself – Willistead Manor – in the finished product. In cases where Willistead Manor will appear as Willistead Manor (i.e. documentaries, interviews, City tourism and marketing initiatives, etc.), requests to photograph or film may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. In cases where Willistead Manor will stand in as a fictional setting, photography and filming is not permitted at this time.
Paul Martin Gardens
Formal gated perennial garden with walkways
Ideal for wedding and special event photos
Bookings are subject to availability
Coach House - Studio One
- Uses: Ideal for small gatherings, celebrations, business meetings, small budgets, etc.
- Capacity: 50 to 60 people
- Note: Includes access to restroom facilities, chairs, tables and parking lot. The room is the site of the permanent Coach House Historical Exhibition, which utilizes all wall space in the room. The exhibition cannot be covered for rental events, and decorations are not permitted to be attached to the exhibition.
- Catering: Event hosts in the Coach House - Studio One may provide their own food and beverage; please discuss requirements with staff at time of booking.