The current cost of accommodation at Huron Lodge ranges as follows:
$60.78 per day for a basic room
$73.27 per day for a semi-private room
$86.82 per day for a private room
These rates are established by the Ministry of Health.
Residents living in a basic accommodation that receive a rate reduction are entitled to have a comfort allowance of $149.00 from their income. The comfort allowance can be placed in a trust account with the facility and may be used for incidentals.
Incidentals are considered extra and are billed to the resident accordingly. They include:
- Arrangements can be made through the Resident Financial Coordinator to deposit money directly to the resident's account.
- Banking hours are available and are posted on the door at the main office.
- It is the resident's and/or family members' responsibility to make deposits and withdrawals on their accounts.
- It is recommended that residents do not carry large sums of money with them, but deposit them into their own account and withdraw from it when needed.
Prearranged/Prepaid Funeral Arrangements
- We recommend that prearranged/prepaid funeral arrangements be made before becoming a resident at Huron Lodge in order to ensure that the resident's wishes are honoured and to ensure that staff members are familiar with specific requests.
- As well, making such arrangements in advance can help save families from having to make numerous decisions during their time of grief.
1881 Cabana Road West
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 253-6060.
Fax: (519) 977-8027