To apply for placement at Huron Lodge, you must contact the Community Care Access Centre (CCAC).
Huron Lodge, like most Long Term Care Homes, does maintain a waiting list. This list fluctuates based on various factors. CCAC and Huron Lodge co-ordinates and maintains our waiting list.
CCAC manages and co-ordinates all placements into Long Term Care Homes for this area.
- After contact with the CCAC, if Huron Lodge is determined to be a potential placement for you or your family member, you can find us at 1881 Cabana Road West: the first driveway to the left past the light to enter St. Clair College when heading west or the first driveway to the right after the Fire Hall when heading east.
- Should you be travelling to our location via the E.C. Row Expressway, you would exit at Dominion Boulevard, head south on Dominion Boulevard to Cabana Road West, turn right and continue west until just past the next traffic light (entrance to St. Clair College), and turn left into our driveway.
- If you are traveling via the 401 Highway, you would follow the 401 to its end in Windsor, exit and follow Highway #3 as it becomes Huron Church Road. Continue on Huron Church Road to Cabana Road West. Turn right at Cabana Road West and continue west until you pass Gesthemane Lutheran Church and the Fire Station #5. Turn right into our entrance, the first driveway past Fire station #5.
- The Social Worker at Huron Lodge will be able to supply any additional information and provide a tour of the home. The Social Worker will also assist with filling out the required documents for admission.
- You may contact the Social Worker, Gillian Stefanczyk at (519) 253-6060 ext. 8237, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff from different departments will meet with the resident and their family upon admission to gather relevant information. This helps staff become familiar with the resident's likes and dislikes and offers the resident a chance to familiarize themselves with those who will be most involved in their care.
- On the day of admission, family and friends are welcome to stay for lunch with the resident and help them get organized and comfortable.
1881 Cabana Road West
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 253-6060.
Fax: (519) 977-8027