Joseph L. Reaume
Reaume Park is named after Joseph L. Reaume, a generous businessman who donated this land to the community. Reaume’s family was one of the first to settle this area of Essex County. In the late 1920’s “Jovial Joe,” as he became known, operated the McColl- Frontenac Gas Company, a small gas station and refreshment stand on the north side of Riverside Drive at Pillette Road. In 1931 Reaume bequeathed some 4.7 acres of his property to the former Town of East Windsor for a park so the beauty of the waterfront could be enjoy by all. The seven-acre Coventry Gardens, named in honour of Windsor’s twin city of Coventry England, was added to the original Reaume Park in 1975.