Provincial/Division Corridor Improvements
The Provincial/Division Corridor Environment Assessment (EA) Study was adopted by City Council under CR35/2007 at the January 29, 2007 Council Meeting. This corridor has been identified as a priority in the Windsor Area Long-Range Transportation Study (WALTS) and the Bicycle Use Master Plan. The Provincial/Division corridor is also one of the important commercial/industrial corridors in Windsor area and is identified as a Civic Way in the City’s Official Plan.
The construction of the Cabana-Provincial intersection was completed as Phase 1 of the implementation of the preferred plans in the Provincial/Division and Cabana/Division Corridor EA between 2012 and 2013.
City Council approved an accumulated project budget of $7 million in the 2016 to 2019 capital budget for the implementation of Phase 2 Provincial/Division corridor improvements – the North Roseland Stormwater Facility construction. The overall budget for the Provincial/Division Corridor Improvements is in the total value of $76 million, which will be budgeted in the future years in sequence.
Phase 1 - Provincial/Cabana Intersection Improvements
- August 9, 2010 - The City retained Stantec Consulting Ltd. as the consultant for the Provincial-Cabana intersection design and project administration.
- March 1, 2012 - Tender 11-12 for Provincial/Cabana Intersection Improvements - Phase 1 of Provincial/Division Corridor Improvements was closed. Coco Paving Inc. was the low bidder.
- November 30, 2012 - Phase 1 construction was substantially completed by Coco Paving Inc.
- November 1, 2014 - Phase 1 work was assumed by the City.
Phase 2 to 4 Provincial/Division Corridor Improvements - Design and Utility Relocation
Phase 2 Construction - Tender 14-20 - North Roseland Pump Station, Trunk Storm Sewer and Underground Stormwater Management Facilities
- September 25, 2020 - CAOP 128/2020 approved Award of Tender. J & J Lepera Infrastructures Inc. is the contractor for the Phase 2 construction. Dillon Consulting Limited will administer the project on behalf of the City.
- October 15, 2020 - A public notice was distributed to the property & business owners adjacent to the construction zone. See Property Owner Notification - Phase 2 Construction letter.
Phase 3 Construction - Tender 32-22 - Provincial/Division Corridor Improvements - Just east of Cabana Road to Legacy Park Drive
Construction of Phase 3 includes the installation of new storm sewers, installation of sanitary sewer on Sixth Concession, new watermain, new widened concrete pavement, off-road multi-use asphalt trail, new curb and gutters, new concrete sidewalks and new street lighting.
Consultant: Dillon Consulting Limited (Windsor)
Contractor: GIP Paving Inc.
Start date: This is a 2-stage project: first stage started in September 2022; second stage started in April 2023 to complete remaining underground work and concrete pavement.
Estimated completion date: End of November 2023
Proposed next Phase: Legacy Park Drive to Walker Road budgeted for 2029.
Design and Development Division
350 City Hall Square West, 3rd Floor
Phone: For general information, call 311.
For detailed inquires, call Paul Mourad, P. Eng., at (519) 255-6100 ext. 6119.