Huron Church Road Reconstruction (Update 2020)
Malden Road to Pool Avenue - Project Summary
- Anticipated start date is April 6, 2020 with a 100-day timeline.
- Work will take place 7 days per week and 24 hours per day as necessary to maintain schedule.
- All businesses will be open during construction and access will be maintained at all times.
- The northbound lanes will be closed between Malden Road and Pool Avenue.
- Northbound traffic will be diverted onto the southbound lanes with one (1) lane of traffic in each direction through the construction zone.
- No left turns will be allowed in the construction zone.
- Access to businesses on the east side of Huron Church will be available from Daytona Avenue via Northwood Street.
- Access to businesses on the west side will be available as usual for southbound traffic. However, northbound traffic access will be via Industrial Drive to Ambassador Drive as left turn on Malden will not be permitted.
- Once Stage 1 is complete (+/- 50 days), traffic will be diverted onto the northbound lanes and the southbound lanes will be reconstructed.
- During this phase, east side Huron Church business access will be as per existing conditions.
- Access to businesses on the west side will still be via Industrial Drive to Ambassador Drive for northbound traffic and southbound traffic.
- There will be one (1) signalized pedestrian crossing at Malden intersection.
Public Information Centre (PIC) - February 26, 2020
A public information meeting took place on February 26, 2020 at the Holiday Inn - Kingsville Room:
1531 Crawford Avenue
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone: For general information, call 311.