Requesting Tax Information
- Current year property tax levy and assessment value are available for all City of Windsor properties via the Property Tax & Assessment e-service free of charge.
- If you are the owner of a property you may request verbal information relating to your property at no cost.
- You may also request a Statement of Account for a fee of $30.00. This charge will be added directly to your tax account.
- For requests regarding information from a previous year(s), a charge of $10.00 per year, per roll number applies. You must visit the tax office in person to make this request, and payment must be made before processing of the request can begin. If you are located out of town, you may mail your request along with a cheque for the proper amount. We will process the request and mail the information back to you.
- If you are calling from a company with which you are affiliated, we must have a completed "Letter of Authorization Form" on file, signed by the company owner, for you to make a request.
- If you are the owner of a property and you wish for someone other than yourself to be able to receive Property Tax/Assessment information on your behalf, we must have a completed “Letter of Authorization Form - 1” on file, signed by you, for the designated person.
- If you are affiliated with a company that owns property and you wish for a person or Agent acting on your behalf to be able to receive Property Tax/Assessment information and/or to be authorized to make decisions on your behalf and which are binding upon you, we must have a completed “Letter of Authorization Form - 2” on file, signed by you, for the designated person.
- Forward completed Letter of Authorization applications to the attention of the Property Assessor, Finance Department, 350 City Hall Square West, Windsor, Ontario, N9A 6S1.
Property Tax Receipts:
- Property Tax Receipts are generally requested when a property owner is being audited by Canada Revenue Agency.
- A fee of $15.00, per taxation year requested, will be added to the property tax account to ensure payment for the receipt. The payment due date will be 21 days from the date of issue.
- Previous owners requesting a receipt must pay the $15.00 fee before processing can begin. Payment must be made by cheque only and can be made by mail along with the completed Property Tax Receipt Request Form. Please mail to Tax Collector, City of Windsor, Finance Department, P.O. Box 1607, Windsor, Ontario, N9A 6S1. You may also make your request in person at the Property Tax Office located at City Hall, 350 City Hall Square West, Room 100.
- Please allow 3 working days for processing.
- This receipt reflects all payments made against the property tax account on account of property taxes in the taxation year indicated, including Interim Tax Bills, Final Tax Bills (includes Local Improvements and Business Improvement Area Levies), and Supplemental Billing.
- This receipt is not an indication of the persons making payment against the account. The City of Windsor is not privy to the tax liability as outlined in the “Statement of Adjustments” prepared by lawyers concerning the purchase/sale of the property.
- This receipt does not reflect any payments made towards interest/penalties or additional charges added to the tax account.
- If you are paying through a mortgage company, the mortgage company will send you a statement at the end of each year.
Public Information - Assessment Roll
- The City of Windsor Assessment Roll for the current year is available for public viewing in the Council Services Department, Room 203, 350 City Hall Square West. To view the roll, please attend in person during normal business hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. The Assessment Roll lists all properties located in the City of Windsor, registered owners, and the assessed value of each property.
- In order to obtain Tax Levy information, legal description, and installment amounts on a property, you may sign up for our online look-up system, which allows you to look up any property at any time for a fee of $70.00 per look-up (invoiced at the end of each month). If you wish to register for this online service, please download and read the following PDF files:
- Welcome New Users
- Terms and Conditions
- Registration Form
If you agree to the Terms and Conditions, please complete the Registration Form, ensure that it is signed by the company owner or someone with signing authority, and either fax the completed form to the attention of the ETI Administrator at 519-255-7310 or scan the completed form and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your account has been set up, you will be immediately notified of the user ID and website link in order that you can begin using this automated service.
A Tax Certificate is a legal document that includes information such as legal description, current installments and arrears, if any. To request this document, you must mail a written request noting the property address and roll number along with payment payable to “The City of Windsor” in the amount of $75.00. Please allow 5 to 10 business days to process Tax Certificates once the request is received. If you require various letters, including a Tax Certificate, see our Property page. Please mail your request to:
ATTN: Tax Certificate Clerk
City of Windsor
PO Box 1607
Real Estate Agents
- You may request the Tax Levy only. This information can only be provided verbally.
Phone: Call 311 for general information.