Changes to Your Tax Account
Statement of Account:
- A Statement of Account is sent to a property owner when a change is made to the tax account. Changes may include a change in ownership or a mortgage change/renewal. This statement will show what has been billed so far in the current year and the outstanding balance, if any.
- All notices are printed with the ownership record listed in the City of Windsor database. If an incorrect owner appears on your notice, or if there is a discrepancy regarding your legal description, please fax, mail, or bring a copy of your deed to our office. (Note: A $75.00 administrative fee will be added to your tax account when a complete ownership change has been made.)
- Please note, if a change is required to information on a deed, including the removal of the name of a deceased owner, residents should seek advice from the Land Registry Office and/or legal counsel to enact the changes. The City of Windsor cannot remove an owner's name from a tax account until the deed to the property has been updated.
- If the mailing address changes on a property, please fax, mail, or bring a written request to our office (350 City Hall Square West). Requests should include the property address, roll number, and signature from the property owner(s).
- Download Name and/or Mailing Address Change Form (PDF). You may also use this form to correct misspelled names on the account.
- If you are changing mortgage companies, renewing your mortgage, taking payments over from your mortgage company, or allowing your mortgage company to make payments on your behalf, your mortgage company will make all of the necessary changes with the City of Windsor Tax Department.