Human Resources Most Frequently Asked Questions
The Human Resources department of the City of Windsor receives thousands of inquiries per year. Below are some of the more frequently asked questions along with their answers. Additionally, please follow the links at the left to learn more. If you have further questions, please contact us by phone at (519) 255-6515.
How do I get a job with the City of Windsor?
- Please look at the pages stemming from Employment Opportunities which indicate the employment options that are currently available. You can also call us for information at (519) 255-6515.
Is the City hiring Firefighters at this time?
Does the City hire students?
- The City hires students for work during the summer months through a job lottery system. Please visit the Summer Student Lottery Application page to find out if applications for the lottery are being accepted. The City also utilizes co-operative education and work placement students. The City of Windsor works with the program provider of active students who are in a co-op or work placement program.
If I applied for an advertised position, when will I hear from someone?
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. You can view the status of each job posting on our website on the Current Postings page.
Did the City receive my resume?
- When you applied for a position through our online recruiting system, you would have received an email response acknowledging that we received your resume. If you did not, please call (519) 255-6515 and provide the title of the position to which you applied along with the posting number.
Does the City of Windsor accept general resumes?
- Due to the volume of resumes the City receives, we are only able to accept resumes for Current Job Postings.
What are the requirements to get a job at the City of Windsor?
- Each job posting, which you can find on the Current Job Postings page, has unique requirements that you must meet in order to apply.
Where do I apply for Employment Insurance?
How do I apply for Old Age Security?
When will I be receiving my Employment Insurance or Old Age Security cheque?
What is the procedure for an employer to hire a student?
I have worked for the City of Windsor, can I have a Record of Employment?
- Records of Employment are generated by our Payroll area. Please call them at (519) 255-6100, ext. 6205.
For general information, contact 311.
For detailed inquiries, contact:
Human Resources Department
400 City Hall Square East, Suite 408
Windsor, Ontario N9A 7K6
Phone: (519) 255-6515
Fax: (519) 255-6504