Statement Of Parentage

Statement of Parentage

  • In cases where the mother does not want to use the natural father's name for the baby, the father of the child can complete a Statement of Parentage form (available from Council Services).
  • This form will state that he is, in fact, the natural father, but the mother does not wish to acknowledge him.
  • His information will not appear on the birth records but will be used in case of an emergency.

Home Births and Births en route to the Hospital

  • Parents with babies who were born outside of a hospital should contact Service Ontario at 1-800-267-8097 for direction on how to register the baby's birth.

Delayed Birth Registration

  • Births reported more than one year from the date of occurrence may only be registered through:

The Office of the Registrar General
P. O. Box 4600
189 Red River Road
Thunder Bay, Ontario
P7B 6L8
Phone: 1-800-461-2156

For delayed registration package call the above number.