Step 1 - What Information is Available?
Tax assessment information includes the following:
- Roll Number
- Property Location
- Legal Description
- Estimated Annual Taxes
- Assessed Value
- Supplemental Assessed Value
Property Information includes the following:
- Legal Description
- Area, Frontage, Depth
- Site Plan Control (SPC) File Number
- Zoning Bylaw
- Special Section
- Committee of Adjustment
- Flood Area
- Property Standards Report (PSR)
- Building Development Fees
- Political Ward
- Sewer Surcharge Exempt/Reason for Exemption
- Heritage Status
- Completed and Outstanding Permit Information
The Corporation of the City of Windsor and its agents, representatives, officers, employees, consultants and contractors (the "City") have used reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this website (the "Site"). The City makes no warranties or representations as to the completeness or accuracy of such information, and the City makes no commitment to update or correct any information that appears on the Site. Your use of or reliance upon the Site or the information contained are at your own risk. Everything on the Site is provided to you "as is" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and is not to be relied upon for any purpose, including any legal or real estate transaction. Before using or relying on this information in any way, you should seek independent legal advice. The City assumes no liability for any alleged or actual, incidental or consequential damages resulting from the furnishing, performance or use of any information produced.
Step 2 - Who Can Access Information?
The online system allows members of the public to view property assessments, associated permits and violations.
Step 3 - Look Up Property Online
In order to look up a property you will require either the street address or property tax roll number.
Please note the following if searching by Address:
- If you do not know the Street Number, leave it blank to display all Street Numbers for a street.
- Entering a partial Street Number will display a list of all Street Numbers starting with your entry.
- The Street Name dropdown list contains all the streets found in Windsor.
- To limit the Street Name dropdown list, use the "Limit Street List" dropdown to select the first letter of the Street Name desired.
- Click "Search" once you have made your entries.
- The addresses matching your query will be displayed in groups of 10. If there are more than 10 returned, click the next page number link on the top or bottom of the Address grid. If the address you want is not in the list, please revise your query.
- To see the Legal Description for each property in the Address grid, simply click on the "Show Legal Descriptions" button displayed to the right of the Street Address Query. This will toggle the Legal Descriptions on or off.
Please note the following if searching by Roll Number:
- The first and last parts of the roll number are defaulted for you; the middle three parts need to be entered to return a valid property.
- The address matching your query will be displayed to confirm that this is the property you are searching for. If the address you want is not correct, please revise your query.
Click on the link below to begin your property search:
Once your search results are displayed on the screen click on the "Tax Assessment" box to view property assessment information or click on the "Property Info" box to view permits and other information associated with the property.
Step 4 - Contact us
Property assessment values are determined by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC).