Step 1: What information can I order?

The following information can be requested using the Property Information Order Form (prices detailed within):

  • Fire Department Realtor Letter
    • Date of last inspection
    • Notification of outstanding orders on the property
    • Retrofit completion date (if applicable)
    • For more information, call 519-253-3016 ext. 221 or email
  • Public Works Sewer/Permit Letter - Can provide the following:
    • Record of sewer permits or other Public Works permits issued
    • Record of sewer eeling by the City and eligibility
    • Any sewerage fees that could apply
    • Record of local improvements
    • If property is subject to a pending work or correction order
    • Sewer types or servicing agreement for the property
    • For more information, call 519-255-6257.
  • Public Works Agreement Letter - Provides an item-by-item response to specific agreements, such as site plan control, subdivision, development, servicing, encroachments, etc. (instrument numbers required, copies preferred) regarding the issuance of permits (Building, Public Works) and verifies the status of agreement requirements relative to a specific property. For more information, call 519-255-6257 or email
  • Environmental Site Audit Letter - Provides any information known to the City of Windsor Engineering Department regarding contaminants, pollutants or sewer use by-law infractions that have affected the property. For more information, call 519-255-6257 or email
  • Tax Certificate - A Tax Certificate is a legal document that includes information, such as legal description, current installments and arrears, if any. Please allow five to ten business days to process a tax certificate once the request and payment are received. For more information, call the 311 Customer Contact Centre by dialing 311 (alternate 519-255-2489) or email
  • Expedited Tax Certificate - An expedited tax certificate includes the same information as the tax certificate but is processed in an expedited timeframe for an additional fee. The processing time for an expedited tax certificate is one business day from the time the request and payment are received. For more information, call the 311 Customer Contact Centre by dialing 311 (alternate 519-255-2489) or email
  • Committee of Adjustment Decision Letter - Provides a written decision of the Committee of Adjustment. For more information, call 519-255-6543 or email
  • Zoning Compliance Letter – Can be obtained by calling the Planning Department at 519-255-6543 (fees vary) or emailing
  • Permit Finalization Letter - Lists permit numbers and dates completed only. For more information, call 519-255-6267 or email
  • Building Property Information Letter - Provides lot size, zoning district, a list of building and by-law violations, and permits issued with permit numbers, description, status and completion dates. For information regarding the established use of a property, please obtain a zoning compliance letter from the Planning Department. For more information, call 519-255-6267 ext. 6862 or email

Step 2 - How to apply


Getting property information has never been easier!

  • Access the online application here
  • A MyWindsor account will be required to sign in. If you do not have an account, you can create a new one, by creating a new password or signing in with Google
  • After the first application, you can access your past applications at any time, and future applications will be simple: just click, review/update your information and then select the municipal property information. Your MyWindsor account can also be used for other City of Windsor online services too.
  • Once your MyWindsor account is created, you may manage it at any time in the MyWindsor Portal. This includes the ability to link your account to Google.
  • Note – Google sign-in is currently in beta phase.

By Mail

Step 3 - Contact Us