The Housing Services unit is responsible for administering Social Housing Program requirements and funding for 8750 units including over forty social housing providers in Windsor and Essex County.
As the Service Manager for Social Housing, Housing Services has an active role in:
- Ensuring compliance by Social Housing Providers with Operating Agreements, legislation, program regulations and policies
- Promoting and encouraging a sustainable, well-managed social housing stock for Windsor and Essex County
- On-going social housing Policy development
- On-going review and research in development opportunities to create new supply of affordable housing for the community
- Ensuring the integrity of the affordable housing stock for the community
- Assisting Providers in achieving their mandates and business practices
- Providing financial stewardship
If you are seeking information regarding tenant and landlord rights and other related information, please contact:
Housing and Children's Services
P.O. Box 428
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquires, call 519-255-5200 ext. 6240.