On/Off Street Parking
Traffic Operations is responsible for the operation and maintenance of 3,871 municipal parking spaces distributed as follows:
- 1,456 on street parking-meter locations
- 29 off street parking lots comprising 1,449 parking spaces
- 2 municipal garages providing 966 parking spaces
Meter Fees and Hours
- The fee for parking at parking meter locations is $2.00 per hour and is enforced Monday to Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Parking after hours or on Sundays and holidays is free. Payment is by coin, $0.25, $1.00, $2.00 and token.
- Currently, for an indefinite time period, all war veterans with a poppy on their licence plate or any other such demarcation will be permitted to park free of charge at any parking meter location or municipal lot for the maximum time specified on the meter or in the lot. (e.g. 2 hours maximum).
- Vehicles in excess of 3,000 kilograms/6,613 pounds may not be parked on city streets between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Overweight vehicles must be parked on private property or left at the place of employment.
Vehicles of any type may not be parked on various downtown streets (Riverside to Giles, Caron to McDougall) between the hours of 4:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. since this period is used to clean the streets and remove snow. Vehicles that need to be parked in the downtown area may be parked in a City-owned lot for a flat fee of $2.00 from 6:00 p.m. until midnight. There is no charge from midnight until 8:00 a.m. Vehicles may also be parked in a private parking lot.
For more information on where parking is located, please visit MappMyCity!
Traffic Operations Division
1266 McDougall Street
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday (holidays excluded)
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6248 ext. 0.