Development and Heritage Standing Committee (DHSC) Presentations
In order to make your presentation effective, please follow these guidelines:
- Introduce yourself. We need to know who you are, where you live and whom you represent.
- Focus on planning matters (i.e. proposed use and the regulations affecting buildings) and indicate how you are affected and what your concerns are.
- Do not repeat concerns raised by previous speakers. If you agree with them, say so.
- Speak to the Chair and avoid arguments with the applicant or others. DHSC is interested in your ideas. They may be different from the opinion of others.
- Be calm. Relax. This is an informal procedure. There are microphones so that we can hear you. The Chair will guide you.
- After all the public presentations, the applicant is invited to respond. Finally, after discussing the matter, the Chair will call for a vote.
- Council ultimately decides all recommendations made by DHSC. Council usually considers the application several weeks after the DHSC meeting. The date and time of the Council Meeting are indicated on the notice sent to you. If you wish, you may appear at the Council meeting, however, you must notify the City Clerk at 519-255-6211.
For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, contact us at:
Planning & Building Services Department
Suite 210, 350 City Hall Square West
Windsor, Ontario, Canada, N9A 6S1
Phone: (519) 255-6543
Fax: (519) 255-6544