Assumption Park was the location of the first Roman Catholic Parish west of Montreal, Assumption Parish, built in 1787. Until 1952, Assumption Park was part of Assumption College, today known as the University of Windsor. Between 1952 and 1990, the City of Windsor leased the property for $1 per year. In 1990, the City became the owner of Assumption Park.
Assumption Park is the western boundary for the Odette Sculpture Park and the beginning of the walking and cycling path named Roy Battagello Riverwalk. Sisters II, a sculpture created by Morton Katz, stands in Assumption Park. The four sheet steel painted figures stand nine feet high and reflect spiritual leadership and strength.