Assumption Park

Assumption Park was the location of the first Roman Catholic Parish west of Montreal, Assumption Parish, built in 1787. Until 1952, Assumption Park was part of Assumption College, today known as the University of Windsor. Between 1952 and 1990, the City of Windsor leased the property for $1 per year. In 1990, the City became the owner of Assumption Park.