Housing Services - About Us
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor, as designated Service Manager, is responsible for the administration and funding of Social Housing programs in the Windsor and Essex County service area.
- Social Housing provides direction and support to 34 Social Housing Providers, to ensure program and legislative compliance.
- Local operational policies and procedures are implemented and opportunities for future supply of affordable housing are researched and identified.
- In addition, Housing Services administers the provincial funding model for Social Housing programs, including the remittance of subsidy payments to Housing Providers.
- Financial business functions are also carried out in order to monitor the financial performance of Housing Providers.
- The Service Manager is also responsible for ensuring that access to all social housing units is administered through a Centralized Waiting List system, with participation by all Housing Providers (Note: Federal Non-Profit Housing Providers are not included in the provincial rules concerning this Coordinated Access System).
- This Centralized Waiting List is administered by the Central Housing Registry - Windsor Essex (CHR-WEC). For more information on the application process please visit www.chrwec.com.
Who We Are:
- Executive Director of Housing and Children's Services:
Ms. Deborah Cercone: 519-255-5200 ext. 6239
- Coordinator, Social Housing Administration and Development:
Ms. Sonia Bajaj: 519- 255-5200 ext. 6277
Ms. Kelly Goz: 519-255-5200 ext. 5362
Ms. Tina Moore: 519-255-5200 ext. 5153
- Coordinator, Social Housing Administration and Policy:
Ms. Jolayne Susko: 519-255-5200 ext. 6278
- Social Housing Analyst:
Mr. Mike Deimling: 519-255-5200 ext. 5358
- Technical / Maintenance Support:
Mr. Jean Marc Smith: 519-255-5200 ext. 5233
- Administrative Assistant:
Ms. Marie Pomerleau: 519-255-5200 ext. 6240
Housing and Children's Services
P.O. Box 428, Station A
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call 519-255-5200 Ext. 6240