- The Corporation of the City of Windsor, as designated Service Manager, is responsible for the administration and funding of Social Housing programs in the Windsor and Essex County service area.
- Social Housing provides direction and support to 39 Social Housing Providers, to ensure program and legislative compliance.
- Local operational policies and procedures are implemented and opportunities for future supply of affordable housing are researched and identified.
- In addition, Housing Services administers the provincial funding model for Social Housing programs, including the remittance of subsidy payments to Housing Providers.
- Financial business functions are also carried out in order to monitor the financial performance of Housing Providers.
- The Service Manager is also responsible for ensuring that access to all social housing units is administered through a Centralized Waiting List system, with participation by all Housing Providers (Note: Federal Non-Profit Housing Providers are not included in the provincial rules concerning this Coordinated Access System).
- This Centralized Waiting List is administered by the Central Housing Registry. Currently, there are approximately 2,700 applicants on the common waiting list for Social Housing in the Windsor and Essex County service area.
Who We Are:
- Executive Director of Housing and Children's Services:
Ms. Deborah Cercone: 519-255-5200 ext. 6239
- Coordinator, Social Housing Administration and Development:
Ms. Sonia Bajaj: 519- 255-5200 ext. 6277
Ms. Kelly Goz: 519-255-5200 ext. 5362
Ms. Tina Moore: 519-255-5200 ext. 5153
- Coordinator, Social Housing Administration and Policy:
Ms. Jolayne Susko: 519-255-5200 ext. 6278
- Social Housing Analyst:
Mr. Mike Deimling: 519-255-5200 ext. 5358
Ms. Christine Beresford: 519-255-5200 ext. 5217
- Technical / Maintenance Support:
Mr. Jean Marc Smith: 519-255-5200 ext. 5233
- Administrative Assistant:
Ms. Debbie Arthurs: 519-255-5200 ext. 6240
Housing and Children's Services
P.O. Box 428, Station A
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call 519-255-5200 Ext. 6240