Housing Services - About Us
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor, as designated Service Manager, is responsible for the administration and funding of Social Housing programs in the Windsor and Essex County service area.
- Social Housing provides direction and support to 34 Social Housing Providers, to ensure program and legislative compliance.
- Local operational policies and procedures are implemented and opportunities for future supply of affordable housing are researched and identified.
- In addition, Housing Services administers the provincial funding model for Social Housing programs, including the remittance of subsidy payments to Housing Providers.
- Financial business functions are also carried out in order to monitor the financial performance of Housing Providers.
- The Service Manager is also responsible for ensuring that access to all social housing units is administered through a Centralized Waiting List system, with participation by all Housing Providers (Note: Federal Non-Profit Housing Providers are not included in the provincial rules concerning this Coordinated Access System).
- This Centralized Waiting List is administered by the Central Housing Registry - Windsor Essex (CHR-WEC). For more information on the application process please visit www.chrwec.com.
Who We Are: Social and Affordable Housing Management Team
Michelle Proulx - Program Coordinator Housing Administration and Development
Sites: Amherstburg Senior, Belle River Co-op, Downtown Lions, Drouillard Place, Frank Long Co-op, Glengarry (495 and 680), Heimathof , John Moynahan Co-op, LCSC (Clarence Williams, Ken Girard, Alix Sinkevitch), La Residence Richelieu, Leamington Non-Profit, Legion Senior, Mariners Co-op, Parkwood, Ryegate Co-op, St. John’s Anglican
Phone: 519-255-5200 extension 5138
Chris Carpenter - Program Coordinator Housing Administration and Development
David Korenic - Program Coordinator Housing Administration and Development
Sites: Ambassador Huron, Can-Am, Grachanica, Homeland, KaWah, Pillette Green, River Park-Paul Martin and Trillium Court, St. Angela Non-Profit, Ser-Rise, Villa Ciociara, Windsor Homes Coalition, Windsor Coalition Non-Profit Homes, Windsor Residence
Phone: 519-255-5200 extension 5217
Sonia Bajaj - Program Coordinator Housing Administration and Development
Jolayne Susko - Program Coordinator Housing Administration and Policy
Michael Deimling - Social Housing Analyst
Diane Wilson - Manager Social and Affordable Housing
Kirk Whittal - Executive Director Housing and Children’s Services
Housing and Children's Services
P.O. Box 428, Station A
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call 519-255-5200 Ext. 6240