Important Phone Numbers
911: Police, Fire and Ambulance
Tips for use:
Use 911 only for urgent police, fire and ambulance assistances:
- 911 or emergency call centres are for just that, emergencies. They are not to be used to obtain general information and or information on winter road conditions. This can tie up the 911 lines and prevent someone truly in need from gaining access to emergency services.
For winter road conditions across the region and the province call 1-800-268-4686 or Provincial TTY 1-886-471-8929, or check the Ontario Ministry of Transportation's Traveller's Information Page, before heading out to obtain general travel information including provincial highway closures and road conditions.
If you do a lot of winter driving, you should consider programming the above numbers into your cell phone for easy reference.
311: City of Windsor Municipal Information and Service
- 311 is your connection to municipal information and services. 311 representatives will answer questions or generate service requests for the full range of City of Windsor services. Customers receive a tracking number and can call back to check on the status of a service request.
211: Community, Health and Human Service Information and Referral
- 211 offers a telephone helpline and website that provide information and referral on many community programs, such as food banks; medical and mental health supports; employment and legal assistance; senior and disability services; and much more. If you don’t know where to turn, call 211, 24/7 to be connected to community supports that can help.
Other Important Telephone Numbers
- Poison Treatment Centre: 1-800-268-9017
- Spills Action Centre: 1-800-268-6060
- Windsor-Essex County Health Unit: (519) 258-2146
- Hydro One: 1-800-787-4295
- ENWIN Electricity, Water and District Energy: (519) 255-2727, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- After-hours hydro service: (519) 255-7818
- After-hours water service: (519) 255-7130
- Union Gas: 1-877-969-0999
- Windsor Police Services General Inquiries: (519) 258-6111
- Police Headquarters: (519) 255-6700
- Crime Stoppers: 1-800-222-8477
- Marine and Air Search and Rescue: 1-800-222-8477
- TeleHealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000
- Canadian Red Cross: 1-866-797-0000, (519) 944-8144
- City of Windsor Services: 311