401 Riverside Drive West
Windsor, Ontario, N9A 7J1 Canada
Phone Number: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, please call 519-253-1812 ext. 2530.
Email Address: email@example.com
The Chimczuk Museum is a premier museum destination that houses permanent exhibits on the history of the Windsor area, the Original People’s Culture and Legacy, and the development of The City of Windsor. The site also features a state-of-the-art Children’s Gallery and Learning Space with opportunities for hands-on exploration for our young and young at heart, two galleries for travelling and temporary exhibitions, and a gift shop with fantastic souvenirs for guests of all ages.
In an abundance of caution due to the evolving situation with regards to the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Chimczuk Museum and the François Baby House will be closed until further notice.
Chimczuk Museum Hours of Operation
- Tuesdays: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Wednesdays: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Thursdays: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Fridays: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Saturdays: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Sundays: 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- The Chimczuk Museum is closed on Mondays.
Chimczuk Museum Daily Admission Rates
- Adults (Ages 18 and over): $5.50.
- Students (Ages 3 to 24; with Student Card): $4.50.
- Seniors (Ages 60 and over): $4.50.
- Family: $16.00. (*The maximum number of family members that can access a single Family rate is 5, i.e. 1 parent and 4 children, or 2 parents and 3 children).
- Joint Adult Visit (Chimczuk Museum & Art Gallery of Windsor): $13.00.
- Joint Student Visit (Chimczuk Museum & Art Gallery of Windsor): $7.50.
- School Children (pre-booked visit): $3.25.
- School Children (pre-booked program; min 15 students): $5.50.
- School Children (pre-booked double program; min 15 students): $8.00.
- Joint School visit (pre-booked visits to Chimczuk Museum & Adventure Bay; min 15 students): $14.50.
- Joint Student Weekend Program (pre-booked visit to Chimczuk Museum & Adventure Bay; min 15 students): $17.50.
- Adult (pre-booked group; min 15 adults): $4.50.
- Adult (pre-booked group program; min 15 adults): $6.50.
- Joint Adult Visit (Starlight pre-booked visit to Chimczuk Museum & Adventure Bay; min 15 adults): $14.50.
- Joint Weekend Program (pre-booked Chimczuk Museum & Adventure ; min 15 adults): $17.50.
Museum Windsor Memberships
Gallery One: The River and the Land Sustain Us
This is the main gallery at the Chimczuk Museum. Featuring 2,705 square feet on the main floor concourse, this space features a Bi-lingual Permanent Exhibit that tells the history of our City and people.
Features include: History of Windsor: pre-history to present; hands-on exhibits; mini-theatre; visitor interactive stations; visitor information stations; core educational programming and public museum tours.
Gallery Two: Children's Gallery and Learning Space
Interactive. Educational. Fun. This 1,173 square foot space on the main floor is for the young, and young at heart.
Features include: Things from the Past: artifact discovery drawers; Waterways and Underground Connection: Build-A-Bridge, ship and tunnel to cross the Detroit River and explore The Great Lakes design activity; Transportation: Build-A-Car assembly line activity; Fashion In Time: historic costume dress-up; Traditional old time toys; and school and daycare programming.
Original Peoples Culture and Legacy Gallery
At the north end of the main floor concourse this space reflects the culture, heritage, and contemporary issues of the local First Nations and Métis communities. It also provides an open and flexible gathering space for programming. This exhibit was developed in consultation with Walpole Island Heritage Centre, Caldwell First Nation, Turtle Island-Aboriginal Education Centre (University of Windsor), Can-Am Indian Friendship Centre and other local community organizations.
Features include: Creation Stories, Treaties, Residential Schools and 60’s Scoop, Language Revitalization, Missing and Murdered Women, Medicine Wheel teachings, and Cultural Expressions.
Galleries Three and Four: Travelling Exhibitions/Exhibits
Our two remaining main floor galleries comprise 1,410 square feet of exciting new and evolving exhibits.
Features include: travelling and temporary exhibits; special programming; performances and speakers series; large screen for film documentaries or presentations; gathering space; public and school programs; and crafts and educational activities.
254 Pitt Street West
Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9A 5L5
Phone: For general information, call 311.
For detailed inquiries, please call (519) 253-1812.