Residential Bulk Furniture Collection
2018 Season Update:
The City of Windsor is happy to announce that the Residential Bulk Furniture Collection Program is returning for the 2018 season, and the first collection will take place April 7, 2018 and run every week until the final collection on November 23, 2018; please read the program details below for further information on how the program works. The City will start taking bookings on Monday, March 19, 2018, which can be arranged by calling 311.
The cost per item has dropped from the 2017 season: each item will now cost only $10.00 to collect, up to a maximum of two items per household per collection period.
Please feel free to call 311 with any questions or for further details on the program.
As of August 1, 2017 the Residential Bulk Furniture Collection Program has been expanded to allow for two collections per bulk zone within each month while the program is running.
- This program is for residential properties consisting of four units or less.
- There will be two collections scheduled in each zone per month.
- Space is limited, so call 311 early to book a pickup.
- Maximum of two items per residential address, per collection.
- $10.00 per item, tax included (one item = $10.00, two items = $20.00).
- Item(s) must weigh 200 lbs./90 kg and under.
- Item(s) cannot be wider than 1.2 metres/4 feet.
- Item(s) cannot be longer than 2.4 metres/8 feet.
- Item(s) must be able to be lifted by a two person work crew.
- Item(s) must be prepared properly
- No bulk items will be picked up in garbage bags.
- All bulk furniture items must be placed at the curb no earlier than 7:00 p.m. the night before and prior to 6:00 a.m. the day of your scheduled pickup.
- No alley collection.
- Bulk furniture collection is a seasonal service expected to run until the end of November 2018.
The City of Windsor encourages residents to reuse or recycle any bulk furniture items that may still be in good condition.
Reuse the item: Donate items to an organization that will accept used good furniture.
Redistribute the item: Offer items in good condition to family or friends who could put them to good use.
Repurposes the item: Can the item be painted or repaired easily for another use?
Booking a Pickup:
- Ensure item(s) you wish to book for bulk furniture collection meet the acceptable items list.
- Call 311, Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays to book a pickup. 311 will advise you of available dates for pickup.
- Credit Card (Visa/Mastercard): 311 will process payment at time of booking.
- Cash/Debit: After booking the pickup with 311, you will be directed to one of the Customer Care Centres.
- Payment must be received no later than the Friday of the week prior to your scheduled pickup date, otherwise your service will be cancelled without notice. Your service request (SR) number is required to process payments at Customer Care Centre locations.
- Call 311 to cancel or reschedule a pickup.
- Cancellation requests must be received no later than the Friday of the week prior to your scheduled pickup date. After this time, no cancellations/refunds will be issued.
- Refunds will be processed within 30 days by cheque only.
- Cancellations must be made by the person who initially booked the pickup.
Public Works, Environmental Division
3540 North Service road East
Phone: For general information, call 311.