This Pacific Type 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive is dedicated to the memory of glorious Steam Train Canadian Railroading and to the citizens of Windsor. No. 5588 was built in the Montreal Locomotive Works in 1911 for the Canadian National Railways and saw many years of freight and passenger service in Southern Ontario before being retired in 1961. In 1962 the Historic Vehicle Society of Ontario (Windsor) launched a public campaign to save old 5588 from the scrap heap and to bring it to Windsor for the edification of future generations. Christened the "Spirit of Windsor," No. 5588 was dedicated to the Community on May 6, 1965.