Online Payments

Step 1 - What Items Can be Purchased

The following products/services provided by the City of Windsor's Development and Right-of-Way (ROW) Division may be purchased via the Online Payments App:

  • Driveway Permit
  • Encroachment Application
  • General Permit (Sewer, Public Works, Utility, etc.)
  • Sewer Information Sheet

Step 2 - Requirements

Prior to making a payment via the Online Payments App, you must do the following:

Step 3 - How to Make a Payment


To make an online payment, you will need to do the following steps:

  1. Access the MyWindsor online service.
    • Proceed to The MyWindsor service will prompt you to log in or create a new account. You may also sign in with Google. After your first use of this online process, you will be able to view your past purchases at any time, and your future purchases will be simpler. Your MyWindsor account can also be used for other City of Windsor online services.
    • If you already have a MyWindsor account and want to sign in with Google instead, log into your MyWindsor account, and link it to Google.
    • NOTE: Google sign-in is currently in beta phase.
  2. Click the "+Create a new application" button once you have successfully logged into the MyWindsor online service and been redirected to the Online Payments App.
  3. Enter the requestor's (e.g. your) information.
  4. Identify the items being purchased for each Windsor property specified.

    NOTE: City departments will often provide their customers with written instructions detailing the type of information (e.g. permit number, permit cost) that should be provided via the online option. Please be sure to follow those instructions carefully, so your purchase is not delayed!

  5. Pay for your purchases by entering your credit card information.

Other Payment Methods: PLEASE NOTE: During the current COVID-19 pandemic only online payments are accepted.

If you are not able to pay online, the following other payment options are still available unless otherwise noted:

  • In Person
    NOTE: The public should first check the City of Windsor's website for hours of service and any notifications of closure due to public holidays or the current COVID-19 pandemic.
  • By Mail

    You may mail a cheque or money order (payable to the City of Windsor) along with your completed application form for the requested product(s)/service(s) to the following address:

    Office of the City Engineer
    Right-of-Way Division
    Development and Right-of-Way Division
    350 City Hall Square West, Suite 210
    Windsor, Ontario
    N9A 6S1

Step 4 - Contact us

Office of the City Engineer
Engineering Department
Development and Right-of-Way Division
350 City Hall Square West, Suite 210
Windsor, Ontario
N9A 6S1

Hours of Operation

  • 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday (except holidays)


  • For general information, call 311.
  • For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6257 (Engineering Department - Right-of-Way Division)