What is 311?
If you are looking for City of Windsor services or information, 311 is the only number you need to remember!
Operators can provide answers to your questions or generate service requests for a full range of City of Windsor services, from detours and construction to parks and recreation, from building and planning to licensing and registration, and more! No more looking through hundreds of phone numbers, getting lost in voice mail wilderness, or wondering if anyone will respond to your request.
There are many ways to connect to your City!
- Callers in Windsor can reach the call centre simply by calling 311.*
- Callers outside Windsor can call 519-255-CITY(2489).
- Long-distance callers can call toll-free 1-877-RING-311 (746-4311).
- Bell Relay Service is available to assist in placing a call from customers who use a TTY/teletypewriter.
- For TTY, type 711 for the operator, and by telephone, dial 1-800-855-0511.
- Cogeco IP Relay service allows hearing-impaired and speech-impaired individuals to place text-based relay calls from their personal computer.
- To use Cogeco's IP Relay service from your computer, register/log-in at http://iprelay.cogeco.com.
- To register for Cogeco IP Relay, you will need to have a valid Cogeco home phone number.
- Calls are answered Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, holidays excluded.
- Simply email your question or concern to email@example.com.
- Emails are monitored Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, holidays excluded.
- Simply text your question or concern to the numbers 311. (Data charges may apply.)
- Texting service is monitored Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, holidays excluded.
Using 311 Online, you can submit a request for service 24/7 in the 311 system. Your request will be handled in the same, efficient manner as if you called 311 on the phone. Why not give 311 Online a try?
Language Line Solutions
311's telephone service is available in over 200 languages, thanks to the City's partnership with Language Line Solutions.
This service allows limited English-speaking callers to communicate with 311 whenever language barriers arise.
Language Line Solutions provides access to skilled, professional and qualified linguists.
311 or 911?
- In case of police, fire or medical emergency, always call 911.
- For questions or concerns related to City of Windsor services, call 311.
Monitoring Your Call
- Incoming calls to the 311 Call Centre may be monitored for quality-control purposes.
Notice of Collection of Personal Information s.29(2) Municipal
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Your personal information is collected by the 311 Call Operator under section 10(1) of the Municipal Act and will be used for the purpose of processing your call at the centre. All personal information is protected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Questions about this collection may be directed to the Supervisor, 311 Call Centre.
- More on Freedom of Information: Please refer to the City's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy web page.
* If you hear a quick beeping signal when you dial 311, please note the following. If your business has its own phone switch or is part of a building that has its own switch, your telephone service provider must program the switch to recognize 311 as a valid number. If this is not feasible, you can also reach the 311 call centre by dialling 519-255-CITY (2489).
311 Call Centre
400 City Hall Square East, Suite 410
Windsor, Ontario N9A 7K6