COVID-19 Pandemic Protocols for Voters
Due to the ongoing and rapidly changing COVID-19 pandemic, voters can expect to see the following health and safety protocols at the voting station:
Signage to help with traffic flow and maximum occupancy
Floor markings to support 2-metre physical distancing requirements
Plexiglass screens at polling stations
Enhanced cleaning protocols for high-touch surfaces
Hand sanitizer available throughout the poll
Proxy voting option available (Please call 311 for more information.)
Any voters who are self-isolating due to symptoms or close contact, or who are awaiting COVID-19 test results will be requested to use proxy voting or take advantage of curbside voting. Curbside voting stations will be available on voting day and at all advance poll days to allow residents to fill out their ballot in their vehicle and drop their ballot in a curbside ballot box.
Protocols for Voters:
- Stay at home if you are feeling sick.
- Wear a face mask. Disposable masks will be available if you do not have your own mask.
- Voters will be asked a series of screening questions about COVID-19 signs and symptoms as well as recent travel history prior to entering the poll.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering and exiting the poll.
- Observe social distancing.
- All voting material will be single use only (ballots, pens, voting secrecy sleeves, etc.).
- All high-touch surfaces will be sanitized in between voters.
Office of the City Clerk
Suite 530 - 350 City Hall Square West
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Phone: For general election information, call 311.
For detailed election inquiries, please call (519) 255-6222 ext. 6285.
Fax: (519) 255-6868