Apply for Proclamation, Flag Raising or City Hall Building Illumination
- Please send your written request a minimum of three weeks prior to your special date.
- You can download a printable copy of the Proclamation application form from this website or visit the City Clerk's office, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to obtain a printed copy.
- Requests must be made by local organizations (defined as a group having an official presence in Windsor-Essex).
- You must provide the draft wording for your proclamation in order to receive an official signed proclamation from the Mayor. Feel free to refer to our proclamation example.
- The Clerk shall review the request and make any appropriate amendments to the proclamation, which in the Clerk's view improves the structure and/or intent of the requested proclamation.
- The City Clerk's office will prepare the proclamation and then submit it to the Mayor for signature.
- Once signed, the Clerk's office will:
- Send the original proclamation to you
- Post a copy on the city's website and send an electronic copy to Cogeco Cable
- List on the next City Council agenda
- List in Windsor's Civic Corner in The Windsor Star
(subject to space constraints the week prior to the event)
Under the City of Windsor's Procedural By-Law, City Council will not entertain delegations requesting proclamations.
City Hall Building Illumination
Council Services Department
Suite 530 - 350 City Hall Square West
Telephone: For general information, call 311.
For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6222 ext. 6388.
Fax: (519) 255-6868