Identification Accepted at the Poll

The Municipal Elections Act, 1996 Regulation 304/13 states:

When you vote, you now must prove your identity and residential address.

List of acceptable documents for identification:

  1. An Ontario driver’s licence
  2. An Ontario health card (photo card)
  3. An Ontario photo card
  4. An Ontario motor vehicle permit (vehicle portion)
  5. A cancelled personalized cheque
  6. A mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement relating to property in Ontario
  7. An insurance policy or insurance statement
  8. A loan agreement or other financial agreement with a financial institution
  9. A document issued or certified by a court in Ontario
  10. Any other document from the governments of Canada, Ontario or a municipality in Ontario or from an agency of such a government
  11. Any document from a Band Council in Ontario established under the Indian Act (Canada)
  12. An income tax assessment notice
  13. A Child Tax Benefit Statement
  14. A Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E
  15. A Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS)
  16. A Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P)
  17. A Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions
  18. A Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Works
  19. A Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Disability Support Program
  20. A Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007
  21. A property tax assessment
  22. A credit card statement, bank account statement or RRSP, RRIF, RHOSP or T5 statement
  23. A CNIB Card or a card from another registered charitable organization that provides services to persons with disabilities
  24. A hospital card or record
  25. A document showing campus residence, issued by the office or officials responsible for student residence at a post-secondary institution
  26. A document showing residence at a long-term care home under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, issued by the administrator for the home
  27. A utility bill for hydro, water, gas, telephone or cable TV or a bill from a public utilities commission
  28. A cheque stub, T4 statement or pay receipt issued by an employer
  29. A transcript or report card from a post-secondary school