Windsor is surrounded by a rich agricultural region in Essex County, home to locally grown products and over a dozen wineries which you can visit by bicycle, trolley or a guided tour. For more information, please visit Discover The County, Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island, and Point Pelee National Park.
And remember, Windsor is just minutes away from professional sports, as well as world class culture and arts. For more information please see Visit Detroit. For professional sports, check out the Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers, Detroit Lions and Detroit Pistons. The Detroit Institute of Arts is filled with arts and culture and the Detroit Zoo is fun for all ages.
One of the most obvious advantages to the City of Windsor is our location, as a border city where more than half of the North American population lives within an 8-hour drive.
Windsor-Essex County is located:
- 800 kilometres from Ottawa, Ontario (around an 8-hour drive)
- 350 kilometres from Toronto, Ontario (around a 4-hour drive)
- 180 kilometres from London, Ontario (a 2-hour drive)
- 2 kilometres from Detroit, Michigan (a 5-minute drive or bus ride)
- 460 kilometres from Chicago, Illinois (around a 4-hour drive)
- 990 kilometres from New York City, New York (around a 9-hour drive)
Photo Credit: Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island