Post Secondary Education
The City of Windsor is home to several major research facilities and institutes of higher education. A post-secondary cluster is being created in downtown Windsor as the University of Windsor will join St. Clair College in making downtown Windsor an education destination.
University of Windsor
The University of Windsor is a comprehensive, student-centered university, with more than 16,000 students enrolled in a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs including several professional schools such as Law, Business, Engineering, Nursing, Human Kinetics and Social Work.
The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry at Western University offers its complete undergraduate medical program at the University of Windsor. The Doctor of Medicine Program runs simultaneously at the two locations and our Windsor students are officially Western students, while also holding “affiliate” University of Windsor student status.
Did you know?
- In 1857, Assumption College welcomed its first students. This small, liberal arts college was the original predecessor of the modern university;
- The University of Windsor offers 794 distinct undergraduate programs including double majors, 56 graduate programs and six professional programs for a total of 850 degree programs;
- The University of Windsor is a safe, urban campus covering 51 hectares (125 acres) in Windsor, Ontario; and
- The University fields 13 athletic teams that compete for provincial and national championships.
St. Clair College
St. Clair College embraces the very best in a college education - excellence in teaching and applied learning in our state-of-the-art labs, numerous student support services to help you succeed, and an amazing campus life experience.
St. Clair provides all of this and more for over 6,800 full time students who participate in over 120 advanced diplomas, degrees and graduate certificates focused in Health, Technology, Business, Media Arts and Social Sciences.
Did you know?
- The College was established in 1967 and is a highly acclaimed public community college serving over 8,500 full time and 20,000 part-time learners on three campuses;
- The College offers hundreds of career paths in health sciences, community studies, business and information technology, engineering technologies, and media, art and design; and
- High provincial ratings with an employer satisfaction rating of 94% and an 80% graduate employment rate.