Location and Logistics
Windsor, Ontario, Canada is strategically located at the crossroads of Canada and the United States and is one of the most important and most used gateways between the two nations. Windsor’s geographical location truly provides unparalleled exposure to major markets and easy access to major air, rail and highway links on both sides of the border.
- Approximately 200 Million people are within a 13-hour drive of Windsor and half of North America's population is within a 10-hour drive.
- Windsor Airport offers 11 daily flights to Toronto (7 to Pearson International Airport and 4 to Billy Bishop Airport) and 1 daily flight to Montreal's Pierre-Elliott Trudeau International Airport.
- Detroit Metro Airport, which has service to 140+ nonstop destinations, is located 38km from Windsor.
- There are 2 Canada/US surface crossings in Windsor with an additional crossing, the Gordie Howe International Bridge to be completed by 2024
- The Windsor/Detroit crossing is the busiest commercial Canada-U.S. border crossing, handling 1/3 of all Canada-U.S. trade: over $325 million per day
- Windsor is a multimodal city with:
- Windsor International Airport
- Port of Windsor
- Road and rail infrastructure connecting directly to U.S. interstates and rail networks
- Cross-border infrastructure
- The City of Windsor also has WEDnet, which is made up of high-speed fiber-optic links with bandwidth in excess of OC3 speeds