Town and Gown Committee (Archived)
Please note: Information available under Archived Committees is offered for reference purposes only, as these committees are no longer active.
At the special meeting of Council held August 3, 2023, Council voted to dissolve the Town & Gown Committee. The committee's records (agendas, minutes, reports) are stored here for public viewing, but please be advised that the committee is no longer in existence.
Who We Are
The Town and Gown Committee is compromised of the following members.
Councillor Fabio Costante
Councillor Fred Francis
Dr. Phebe Lam (University of Windsor)
John Fairley (St. Clair College)
What We Do
As an Advisory Committee to Windsor City Council, the Town and Gown Committee will develop and enhance relationships between the residents of the City of Windsor and the Communities of the University of Windsor and St. Clair College:
- Provide an open forum for discussion of issues of concern between the residents and the University and/or College
- Encourage open communication between the neighbourhood and the University and/or College
- Identify or provide assistance to solving issues relating to possible areas of conflict between the students and residents in the neighbourhoods
- Assist in developing solutions to problems of common interest
- Promote and support activities to ensure a safe and healthy community
Council Services Department
Suite 530 - 350 City Hall Square West
Phone: For general information, call 311.
For detailed inquiries, call Karen Kadour at (519) 255-6222 ext. 6430.
Fax: (519) 255-6868