Update: Important Information about Ontario Works Cheques and Cards
In response to the potential Canada Post work disruption, the City of Windsor has implemented its contingency plan to ensure Ontario Works clients receive their cheques.
All recipients who receive payments through direct deposit will continue to do so.
Beginning July 5th any recipients who receive their cheques by mail and have not yet picked them up can do so at 400 City Hall Squre East, between 9 am and 4 pm.
(Please Note: Construction around 400 City Hall Square East has closed the roadway on the buildings West side. The best public parking is in nearby Lot 10 with access from Goyeau Street, across from Tim Horton's. Pedestrians are asked to walk around the North side of 350 City Hall to access the 400 Building. We apologize for the inconvenience).
Individuals who receive service in the Leamington office can continue to pick up cheques at 33 Princess Street between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm.
Before proceeding to the cheque distribution centre, please call 1-800-808-2268, select the appropriate option to hear the date and amount of your most recent payment.
If you have any questions about your payment, please contact your caseworker.
Recipients need to bring two pieces of government identification one of which must have a photo. Statements, Bus Passes, Ontario Drug Benefit and Dental cards will not be mailed or handed out.
For information on Dental Services call 519-255-5220.
For information on Ontario Drug Benefits call 519-255-5200 ext 5625.
Clients who receive payments by direct bank deposit and are approved for a bus pass, must bring their previous bus pass and their 9 digit member ID number to the Transit Windsor Terminal. (This number can be found on previous statements or letters from the City.). These bus passes must be picked up at the Transit Windsor Terminal at 300 Chatham Street West.
Clients who have picked up their cheques can take the stub to any Transit Windsor outlet to pick up their pass.
For information on Bus Passes call 519-255-5200 ext 5626.
Information contained herein pertains to Ontario Works payments only.
The Ontario Works Act, through the Province of Ontario's Ministry of Community and Social Services provides the framework for the provision of employment and basic financial assistance to persons in need. The City of Windsor's Employment and Social Services Department delivers Ontario Works to residents of Windsor and Essex County.
There are two options available to those who need to apply for Ontario Works assistance:
- Online at www.ontario.ca/socialassistance ~ The website provides instructions on how to complete the application and also outlines the information needed. The appointment scheduling feature allows you to suggest dates and times you are available to attend a verification interview (VI). Once the application is screened and uploaded, one of our intake service representatives will contact you to confirm your VI appointment. Depending on the number of applications received, you will receive a call back the same or next business day. Note: A call-back telephone number is required in order for us to provide you with the VI appointment details. If no call-back telephone number is provided, you will need to contact our intake unit at 519-255-5600 (please see Item 2 below for office hours) to obtain your appointment time along with additional details pertaining to your appointment. If after 5 days we are unable to contact you, a new application will need to be completed online or by telephone; OR
- Our intake unit is available by phone at 519-255-5600, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 and 11:30 am or 1:00 and 4:00 pm. When you call, a brief application will be taken and a time set up for you to meet with a caseworker to finalize the application (verification interview). Please have the following information available when you call:
- Social Insurance Number
- Ontario health card number
- Relevant immigration papers, if applicable
- Rental or mortgage information
- Income information such as earnings, pensions and support
- All banking and investment information
Recipients of Ontario Works may access information pertaining to their assistance by phoning 1-800-808-2268.
call 311 for general information. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-5200.
Fax: (519) 255-1011 or (519) 255-1503
call (519) 946-9988.
Fax: (519) 322-3529 or toll free at 1-866-763-1222
Drop off at Customer Care Centres
Required documents or letters can be dropped off at any of the Customer Care Centres located in the various wards of the city. Please visit our Customer Care Centres page for a listing of participating locations and hours of operation.