Police, Fire and Ambulance
Tips for use:
Use 911 only for urgent police, fire and ambulance assistances:
- 911 or emergency call centres are for just that, emergencies. They are not to be used to obtain general information and or information on winter road conditions. This can tie up the 911 lines and prevent someone truly in need from gaining access to emergency services.
For winter road conditions across the region and the province call 1-800-268-4686 or Provincial TTY 1-886-471-8929, or check the Ontario Ministry of Transportation's Traveller's Information Page, before heading out to obtain general travel information including provincial highway closures and road conditions.
If you do a lot of winter driving, you should consider programming the above numbers into your cell phone for easy reference.
311 and 211
Non-emergency Municipal or Social Service Assistance
- 311 provides non-emergency municipal information and services. 311 operators will answer questions or generate service requests for the full range of City of Windsor services. Customers receive a tracking number and can call back to check on the status of a service request.
- 211 provides a full range of non-emergency community, social, health and federal, provincial and municipal government service information. 211 is an information and referral number. No service requests are generated.
- Both 311 and 211 are based within the same facility, and both use the same operators. Thus, if a caller accidentally calls the wrong number of the two, the operator will still be able to assist them with their question.
Other Important Telephone Numbers
- Poison Treatment Centre: 1-800-268-9017, 1-877-750-2233 (TTY)
- Spills Action Centre: 1-800-268-6060
- Windsor-Essex County Health Unit: (519) 258-2146
- Hydro One: 1-800-787-4295
- EnWin Power: (519) 255-2727, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- After-hours hydro service: (519) 255-7818
- After-hours water service: (519) 255-7130
- Union Gas: 1-877-969-0999
- Windsor Police Services General Inquiries: (519) 258-6111
- Police Headquarters: (519) 255-6700
- Crime Stoppers: 1-800-222-8477
- Marine and Air Search and Rescue: 1-800-222-8477
- TeleHealth Ontario: 1-800-267-7270
- Canadian Red Cross: 1-866-797-0000, (519) 944-8144
- City of Windsor Services: 311