- The Planning Department - Development Section administers a number of property-related functions and services, including:
- Property standards, complaints, appeals, street naming, municipal addressing, street and alley closures, the Sign By-law, and more.
- The Engineering Department administers use of the public right-of-way, including petitions for upgraded municipal services (local improvements), sidewalk cafés, and encroachments.
- Property for sale or lease by the City is in most cases handled by the Office of the City Solicitor - Real Estate Division.
- Tax Sale Properties: Contact 311
Requesting Property Documents - Property Information Order Form
The following information can be requested using the Property Information Order Form (prices detailed within):
Fire Department Realtor Letter
Permit Finalization Letter
Building Property Information Letter - Provides a list of building and by-law violations and permits issued with permit numbers, description, status and completion dates
Public Works Sewer/Permit Letter - Can provide the following:
Record of sewer permits or other public work permits issued.
Record of sewer eeling by the City and eligibility.
Any sewerage fees that could apply.
Record of local improvements.
If property is subject to a pending work or correction order.
Sewer types or servicing agreement for the property.
Public Works Agreement Letter - Provides an item-by-item response to specific agreements such as Site Plan Control, Subdivision, Development, Servicing, Encroachments, etc. (instrument numbers required, copies preferred) regarding the issuance of permits (Building, Public Works) and verifies the status of agreement requirements relative to a specific property
Tax Certificate - A Tax Certificate is a legal document that includes information, such as legal description, current installments and arrears, if any. Please allow 5 to 10 business days to process Tax Certificates once the request is received.
Environmental Site Audit Letter - Provides any information known to the City of Windsor Engineering Department regarding contaminants, pollutants or sewer use bylaw infractions that have affected the property
Committee of Adjustment Decision Letter - Provides a written decision of the Committee of Adjustment.
Zoning Compliance Letter - Can be obtained by call the Planning Department 519-255-6543 (fees vary)
Follow the links on the left to learn more.
350 City Hall Square West, 4th Floor
P. O. Box 1607
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call 519-255-6267.