Markings and Locates
The City of Windsor, EnWin Utilities, the Windsor Utilities Commission, and other local utilities use the American Public Works Association Uniform Colour Code (ANSI Standard Z53.1). Markings that locate underground infrastructure are identified as follows:
- Red - Electric power lines, cables and conduit systems and lighting cables
- Yellow - Gas, oil, steam, petroleum, gaseous or dangerous materials
- Orange - Communications, cable television, alarm or signal lines, cables or conduit systems
- Blue - Water, irrigation and slurry lines
- Green - Sewer and drain lines
- White - Route of proposed subsurface line or location of proposed excavation
- Purple - Reclaimed water
- Pink (fluorescent) - Temporary construction project site survey markings and survey monuments.
To obtain some of the above utility locates, please visit Ontario One Call or dial the hotline at 1-800-400-2255.
For traffic signal locates, please contact the City of Windsor, Traffic Engineering Department at 519-255-6293.
Field locates of sewer infrastructure are not currently performed by the City. See the Digital Sewer Atlas
for access to the City's digital sewer atlas map book.